Associate Director, Chris Batters hosted the third day of the annual Broster Buchanan Charity Golf Tournament on Thursday 6th July, set in the stunning grounds of Edgbaston Golf Club. Four teams participated in the event with winning individual scores by Dougall, Bryan and Troy.
The ‘Nearest the Pin’ contest was won by Bryan and the ‘Longest Drive’ was awarded to Broster Buchanan’s very own Kevin Moran, who was having a good day’s play – a rare occurrence! The standard of play was excellent highlighted by the impressive number of yellow balls that made it to the final hole; those who played the ‘yellow ball’ game were entered into a raffle, with Dougall winning the bottle of champagne.
At the last count the day raised over £1,100 for the Ronald McDonald House Charity contributing to the tournament’s charity fund which will also be presenting donations to the Addenbrookes Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Liverpool heart & Chest Hospital.
Natalie Wood, House Fundraiser at Ronald McDonald House said of the fund raised on the day, “This donation will allow us to provide 44 nights of accommodation for a family in need, thank you all for your support!”
The charity fund will be further increased by a silent auction, with a selection of high-end prizes up for grabs. Details are announced below – this auction is open to all, so if you are interested please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Broster Buchanan will be hosting the Final on the prestigious Marquess course at Woburn Golf Club in September.
BROSTER BUCHANAN CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT 2017
SILENT AUCTION LISTING
- Two tickets for The Open Championship 2017 at Royal Birkdale, Wednesday 19th July (Practice Day) – please see below for details. Face value £500 – reserve set at £250
- 3 hour ‘short game’ master class at Woburn Golf Club with Club Professional. Available for up to 6 people.This lesson will be held in the Short Game Area, a facility famously used by Ryder Cup player Ian Poulter when preparing for the US Open.
- 1 x Four Ball at Woburn Golf Club
- 1 x Four Ball at Edgbaston Golf Club
- 1 x Four Ball at Dunham Forest Golf & Country Club
- St Helens Rugby Ball – Signed by the First Team
- Signed Sporting Legend Frame – Sir Tom Finney
- Signed Sporting Legend Frame – Steve Davies
- Signed Sporting Legend Frame – Phil THE POWER Taylor
- Family pass to Twycross Zoo
If you have any questions or queries please don’t hesitate to contact Gemma Ingram on 07940 256777 or email@example.com
The Open Championship 2017 Practice Day at Royal Birkdale, Southport, Wednesday 19th July
Explore more of the famous links and get even closer to the players as they complete their preparations for The 146th Open at the Royal Birkdale.
Located close to the 1st and 18th holes, The Champions Club features a large private garden area and an outdoor LED screen. Soak up the day in a lively setting while keeping track of the play on-course and catching all the key moments.
The flexible layout of the restaurant allows you to come and go as you please with chefs serving British classics at the grill when you are ready. This is the perfect place for golf fans keen to make their day at The 146th Open truly special.
- VIP Parking pass
- Official admission ticket to The Open with Fast Track entrance
- Full TV coverage of play
- Large private garden area with long putt challenge
- Flexible seating arrangements allowing you to socialise in different areas throughout the day
- Welcome desk with experienced hosting staff
- Private restroom facilities
Dining and Drinks
- Fresh bacon rolls and a selection of pastries with tea, coffee and juices
- Roaming waiters to assist with food and beverage service
- Chefs serving a variety of British Classics from a central station at lunch
- Light afternoon snacks
- Dessert stations for you to enjoy something sweet as part of your meal, with tea and coffee available throughout the day
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks