Broster Buchanan are proud to have been exclusively retained to conduct a search for one of Europe’s largest audit and accounting firms. Mazars in the UK has over 140 partners and over 1,700 employees working across 19 offices whilst Globally, the organisation audits more FT Global 500 companies than any non-Big Four firm.
The Mazars Government Risk and Internal Controls (GRIC), following a year of impressive growth, are looking to attract an experienced Internal Auditor to join their successful team as a Senior Manager in the London office.
Reporting directly to and acting as deputy to the Director, you will be responsible for day to day oversight and delivery of risk based internal audit services to clients’ across the Central Government, Education and Charities portfolio. The team has experienced strong growth within the Central Government arena in recent years and is well placed to build on this further. Equally it has a strong standing in Further Education and Charities, allowing you exposure to Mazars current client portfolio including many prestigious businesses.
The role will principally involve day to day client and practice management, supported by respective engagement managers, including resource planning, ensuring delivery of a high quality internal audit service to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, attending audit committees, management of financial performance and business development.
You will also take a proactive role in business development assisting with targeting, proposal writing and pitching for new and existing client work.
- Responsible for day to day oversight and management of an client portfolio spanning central government, charities and education organisations;
- Pro-actively maintains a good understanding of all aspects of client delivery including resourcing and working to achieve agreed timescales;
- Builds strong and maintains good working relationships with the client, including regular progress meetings with key stakeholders and ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
- Review and finalisation of internal audit reports for issue to clients;
- Acts as a point of contact for Director/Partners and client, pro-actively ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of plans;
- Attendance at Audit Committee’;
- Day to day management of the Engagement Manager team, providing direction, advice and support as required.
- People management and development responsibilities: annual appraisals, performance management, employee engagement.
- Responsibility of managing and tracking financial performance across the client portfolio, whilst contributing to the GRIC overall financial objectives and the budget.
- Responsible for business development, including proposals and presentations.
- To deliver confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients;
- Ensures that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
- Sees opportunities and prospects for new work.
The Successful Candidate
- Educated to degree level and qualified accountant – ACA/ACCA,IIA or equivalent;
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients and a team of managers/staff;
- Experience of leading and delivering internal audits in professional practice or in-house team;
- Experience in working within Central Government arena. Equally, experience/familiarity with Education and Charities although not essential.
- Possesses a sound technical understanding of technical issues surrounding the public sector;
- Proven people management experience;
- Experience of following a risk based audit approach;
- As this position involves client contact at a senior level, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients;
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required;
- Desire to help grow and develop the department;
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies;
- Ability to identify issues though sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations;
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication; and
- Ability to develop self and others.
Broster Buchanan have been retained exclusively to conduct the search for this senior appointment. Please get in touch with Christian Fell for further details. email@example.com/07432153262