BROSTER BUCHANAN LIMITED
The following words and phrases shall, unless the context otherwise requires, have the following meanings:
|“BB Group Company”||means Broster Buchanan and any of its Subsidiaries from time to time and “Group” shall have the relevant meaning.|
|“Cookie”||means a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records your navigation of a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options to you based upon the stored information from your previous visits.|
|“Personal Data”||means data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of a data controller|
|“Sensitive Personal Data”||personal data consisting of information relating to the data subject with regard to racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature; trade union membership; physical or mental health or condition; sexual life; the commission or alleged commission by the data subject of any offence; or any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by the data subject, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings|
|“Subsidiary”||as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.|
1. Broster Buchanan Limited (“Broster Buchanan”, “we” or “us”) is a data controller in the UK for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensue that the data that you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully and with care and used only for the purposes of this policy.
2. We will collect data about you: both Personal Data and also Sensitive Personal Data. This data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
(a) to provide our services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process
(b) to assess data about you against vacancies that we judge may be suitable for you
(c) to send your information to Clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility and/or suitability for assignments or engagements
(d) to enable you to submit your Curriculum Vitae, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you
(e) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
(f) to market our, full range of recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary and fixed term)
(g) to enable us to develop and market other products and services and where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
(h) to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you
(i) to send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors that we think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
(j) to answer your questions and enquiries
(k) to send to third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our Clients have requested, such as references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skill tests
(l) to third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
(m) to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy;
(n) to transfer to other BB Group Companies to use in the same way; and
(o) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
3. From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed in clause 2.
6. You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
7. You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
9. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data accordingly.
10. Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider or relevant third party business. The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or any other site or held on any other server; any transmission is at your own risk.
11. We also collect information about the way visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in this manner in a way that any individual can be identified, and will use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages etc for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes where you have consented to this. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you from time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed in clause 2
13. There are different kinds of cookies with different functions. Session cookies are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer. Persistent cookies are stored as a file on your computer, and remain there when you close your web browser. The Cookies can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We may use persistent Cookies for analytics and for personalisation cookies.
14. Many of our Cookies are essential to enable us to allow you to use the website to apply for jobs. Without the Cookies available to you on this website, the services could not be accessed. These Cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing.
15. We may also use performance Cookies that enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our site. For example they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular. We use Google analytics for this purpose and all information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore remains anonymous. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor, as all information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site works.
16. We may also use functional Cookies that allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the policies you buy. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
18. This website may use personalisation cookies which help us to advertise to you jobs that we think may be of interest. These Cookies are persistent (see section 2 above) and mean that when you log in or return to the website you may see advertising for jobs that are similar to jobs that you have previously browsed. If you do not wish to receive these Cookies you may choose to opt out of them.
19. For more information generally on Cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org (http://www.allaboutcookies.org/). You will also find details on how to delete Cookies from your computer.