A fast-growth service sector business was keen to introduce several strategic changes, initiatives and benefits into the business and wanted to gain true insight into the motivation and alignment of their people.
Most of their ‘people’ decisions had traditionally been based on instinct which had served them well to this point, but they were keen to formalise their strategy with data driven reasoning behind their decisions for the future.
- The mindset of the business owners was relatively simple and straightforward; they wanted a data driven solution without complexity.
- There was a genuine fear that introducing an engagement tool could be contradictory to the culture they had developed. Would the use of an engagement tool have an adverse effect on the people they were seeking to nurture?
Whilst navigating the employee engagement market the options that this business considered were either too complex, too intrusive, too expensive or lost in a backdrop of ‘add-on’ sales.
The software solution they ultimately selected, Orbbis Engage, made an immediate impact on the Board members. With minimal disruption and within a fraction of the time they gained clarity and insight into the mindset of all employees across three key areas:
Every employee in the business received a digital questionnaire which posed a series of questions around motivations, current practices and ideas for development. Taking less than ten minutes to complete it provided thorough data, proving to be invaluable in formalising future employee engagement strategy.
- The data highlighted a core of individuals who were engaged and motivated, though surprisingly to the Board it also highlighted a cohort who stood out from this. This insight would have been much harder to obtain without Orbbis Engage and subsequently helped them to re-shape their thinking in several areas.
- A range of benefits were successfully introduced to the business, consistent with the data provided.
- The results formed the basis of an Employee Charter and a defined set of Core Values.
- The Management Board have since highlighted their decision to adopt this software is one of their key strategic decisions to date.