Broster Buchanan are delighted to be partnered with Rebel Energy, recruiting for senior strategic positions. Read more here about Rebel Energy…
Who are we?
Rebel Energy supplies clean, affordable energy to households in the UK. But there’s a lot more to us than that. Our goal is to be the best possible energy supplier in the country. For our customers, our employees and the environment. So we’ve rebuilt the energy company from the ground up. We’re lean, customer-focused, powered by industry-leading automation, and a champion of social justice and employee wellbeing. We aim to do things right.
As a pending B-Corp, our principles are written into the legal structure of the business.
What does this mean in practice?
- We supply 100% renewable UK-generated electricity. And even though we supply gas, we’re working towards a future without fossil fuels.
- We want to end fuel poverty in the UK, so we offer unique tariffs and innovative pricing structures for people who are struggling.
- We invest in community-led carbon-removal projects in the UK.
In the current climate where other energy suppliers are entering SOLR, Rebel has successfully raised further investment demonstrating real shareholder confidence. Rebel is looking for brilliant employees who want to be part of something unique.
What’s it like to work at Rebel Energy?
We want to be the best possible employer in the energy industry, which is why we offer lots of great benefits. Just as importantly, it’s about our approach. We empower our employees and care for their health and wellbeing.
Responsibility and trust
To thrive at work, people need freedom, clarity, trust and space. The balance is different for everybody, and we pride ourselves on trying to work out what’s right for each of our people.
A happy and fulfilling job
This is different for everybody. Some people will give everything to Rebel. Others are strictly part time. But we want everybody to enjoy what they do and who they work with – and to finish the day feeling that they’ve achieved something.
We give our people plenty of responsibility, but we don’t let the sky fall on their heads if (when!) they make mistakes. In textbooks, this is called ‘servant leadership’. It means leading by supporting and empowering. And it’s reflected everywhere in the business, from the day-to-day to our salary structure (which caps executive pay vs junior pay at a maximum ratio of 10:1)
What are the benefits?
- Inclusive, collaborative and friendly work environment
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid working style
- Investment in personal and professional development
- Generous leave. And we encourage all of our people to take a minimum of one complete week off each
- quarter to fully recharge. Beyond this, the choice is yours.
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Private BUPA healthcare and a pension plan with employee contribution
When you choose a career with Rebel Energy, you join a company driven by its core purpose, with a culture that reflects this.
If you want to join the Rebellion, apply by clicking the link below…
To find out more you can contact Matthew Shirley at MatthewShirley@brosterbuchanan.com